Re: [GENERAL] interesting PHP/MySQL thread

From: "Cornelia Boenigk" <c(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>
To: "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Rory Campbell-Lange" <rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,"Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Joe Conway" <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>,"Advocacy (PostgreSQL)" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] interesting PHP/MySQL thread
Date: 2003-07-31 14:40:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-docspgsql-general
Hi altogether

> My feeling on this is that the most effective thing to do here would
> be to add information about PostgreSQL functions to the PHP manual
Maybe PHP-Group doesn't allow this, because it is not the purpose of
the PHP manual.

> perhaps even more
> importantly - to add information if possible to the PHP manual
> mentioning PostgreSQL in key places.
Okay

> An area of the PHP manual that seems very MySQL specific is the
> "FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions"->"Database issues" page, where it
> goes into detail on how to access MySQL from Windows.  It would
> probably be worthwhile adapting that to also cover PostgreSQL
properly
> too.
I will take a look at it.

> As another thought, maybe adding a "Using databases" section, with
> PostgreSQL examples, to the "Features" section of the PHP manual
would
> be worthwhile too.
I started to add examples for PostgreSQL. I fyou download the last
english .chm-manual you will see them. The online manual isn't as new
as the chm build.
I will continue as soon as I get some answers from the developers
because some things are not clear and I dont't want to write
documentation and make examples of things I don't understand.

> and it appears that work could usefully be done on providing
> better examples and noting bugs on PHP postgres functions in the PHP
> documentation.
Better use the bugs interface at php.net and write bug-reports.

Regards
Conni