Freezing with the EDB engine

From: Sébastien Dehesdin <sebastien(dot)dehesdin(at)ecl2005(dot)ec-lyon(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Freezing with the EDB engine
Date: 2003-05-30 10:36:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello from France,

            My problem is

            I’m using PostgreSQL 7.3.2 under cygwin, and I’m trying to
access to my database locally. My ODBC driver is the 7.03.01.00 and it used
to be the 7.02.00.05 (didn’t work either).

            I’m using the EDBengine which goes with Delphi6, my program
being on Delphi6.

            I had no problem to access to a remote database which was on a
distant server using postgresql, but I can’t access it locally.

            I created my database, it works properly I can see the tables
and so on…

            But when I try to connect to it with the EDBengine, it freezes,
and I have to quit it with the task manager. Same with Delphi when I launch
my programm.

            I’ve typed netstat, and my computer is listening on the port
5432 so it looks ok.

            I start the postmaster with the option –i , and I tried also –h
localhost, but it doesn’t work.

I really don’t know what to do next, because I don’t have any error
messages, so it’s hard to figure out what’s wrong.

I’d be pleased if one of you could take one or two minutes of your time to
try to help me

Cordialement

Sebastien Dehesdin

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Sébastien DehesdinDate: 2003-05-30 10:51:15
Subject: Re: odbc - ssl: how-to-do-it.