Re: Bugs in PostgreSQL v7.1 rpms for RedHat

From: "Vilson farias" <vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "David Lizano" <david(dot)lizano(at)izanet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Bugs in PostgreSQL v7.1 rpms for RedHat
Date: 2001-04-19 21:08:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

[root(at)dgtao data]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql stop
Stopping postgresql service: pg_ctl: cannot find
/var/lib/pgsql/data/postmaster.pid
Is postmaster running?
[root(at)dgtao data]#

Here too on my RedHat 6.2, but happens because I changed my postgres data
dir to /home/postgres/data and there were a /var/lib/pgsql/base dir. Once I
fixed the stop function, everything is fine :

if [ -f /var/lib/pgsql/PG_VERSION ] && [ -d
/var/lib/pgsql/base/template1 ]
then
export PGDATA=/home/postgres // I changed this
else
export PGDATA=/home/postgres/data // and this line
fi