failure and silence of SQL commands

From: "John Payne" <jcpayne(at)uw(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: failure and silence of SQL commands
Date: 2011-04-28 17:21:39
Lists: pgsql-novice
Thank you both very much for your help; that was the problem.  Stupid of me
(the answer came to me in the shower this morning as well).  If anyone out
there in the developer community is listening, may I respectfully suggest
that PSQL's behavior --- to return nothing when Enter is hit - is
pathological.  It would be so simple to return a message like "Waiting for
the end of the statement." and it would save novices like me a lot of very
unhappy hours.

Cheers,

John

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Leif Biberg KristensenDate: 2011-04-28 17:40:01