Re: Windows ODBC and a Router obstacle?

From: "Joseph Doench" <jdoench(at)cinci(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Windows ODBC and a Router obstacle?
Date: 2011-03-09 00:25:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I see this in the PG log:

unexpected EOF on client connection
could not receive data from client: No connection could be made because the
target machine actively refused it.

JPD657

> I am trying to connect to my PG 8.2 dbserverfrom MS Accessfroma remote
> location.
>
> I had configured PG to trust all connections from this location.
>
> i.e. in PG_HBA.confI added a line containing:
>
> host all all ip-address/32 trust
>
> (and restarted the server)
>
> But I cannot get a connection.
>
> Could there be a problem with the local router in this location? What
> should I look for in the router set-up?
>
> JPD657

A couple of questions:

What does the Postgres log show when you try to connect?
Do you have another way to connect to the Postgres server from the
Access machine and have you tried it?
	Specifically have you tried using psql to connect?

--
Adrian