Re: extending functionality strategy

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: extending functionality strategy
Date: 2008-10-28 10:47:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Dave,

Thank you for reviewing :)

> - The buttons should not become active when viewing an existing type.
Done.

> - The background of the button area needs to be transparent.
> See the attached screenshot and you'll see why.

Making the background transparent (for wxPanel) proved to be very hard in
wxWidgets. After a lot of googling and testing I managed to imitate the
background gradient. I do this only for wxWIN. It should work without this
hack on wxGTK and wxMAC.

> - Please follow existing naming conventions - eg. use
> ctlListItemArranger, per the other custom controls.

Done. (I hope I did it right)

Please find the changes in a new patch to review. Please also run embed-xrc
again.

I have also modified the .mk files. But at this moment I have no way of
testing on wxGTK and wxMAC.

Regards,
Gevik
http://www.truesoftware.net/gevik/