Foreign keys on inherited attributes

From: "Shawn Harrison" <harrison(at)tbc(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Foreign keys on inherited attributes
Date: 2004-01-27 03:23:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I'm using pg 7.3.5 and playing with table inheritance, and I've run into the
fact that foreign keys cannot be defined on inherited attributes. (As much
is stated in the documentation, but it didn't sink in until I ran into the
fact.)

The documents say this will probably be fixed in a future release. My
question is, are there any definite plans in that direction at this point?

Take care,
Shawn Harrison