Enviironmental Variaoles for RPM Distribution

From: "Duncan Kinder" <dckinder(at)mountain(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Enviironmental Variaoles for RPM Distribution
Date: 1999-09-08 16:07:46
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

I have RedHat 6.0 and have tried to use both the Postgress distrituted with
it and also newer RPMs (postgresql-6.5.1-1, postgresql-devel-6.5.1-1 etc) .

My machine demands that I supply it witth the various environmental
variables (PGDATA, PGLIB, changes to the MANPATH). But, for some unknown
reason, these binary distjritutions do not have these items available at the
/usr/local/pgsql directory Indeed, my machine has no such directory.

Nor have I been able to identiry where these items may be.

Would someone please provide me with this information, and may I suggest
the Postgres documentation deal with this issue?