Windows Crash

From: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users(at)postgis(dot)refractions(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows Crash
Date: 2008-06-26 15:57:03
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi

I'm copying PostgreSQL discussion group in case the following problem
involves their efforts.

I am running Postgresql 8.3 with Postgis latest version and PGAdmin 1.8.2 on
Windows XP.

I imported a shapefile using conversion and upload and it installed with no
problem.

When I viewed the table through PGAdmin and scrolled, Windows crashed with a
message that the graphics driver had an error.

I downloaded and installed the latest graphics driver and tried to view the
table again.

This time I used the Select * option and the table opened normally, but when
I attempted to scroll, Windows again crashed.

This time I got the blue screen with the error message
"Page_Fault_In_NonPaged_Area.

I restarted and again used Select * all and was able to read the table. Very
slow scrolling allowed me to read a few rows, some of which had distorted
views of the information in the geometriy column.

Would anyone have any thoughts - other than to buy new hardware??

Bob

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Martin GaintyDate: 2008-06-26 16:01:53