Re: Tyan Thunder MB for postgres server

From: "Iain" <iain(at)mst(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>,"William Yu" <wyu(at)talisys(dot)com>
Cc: "Ericson Smith" <eric(at)did-it(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tyan Thunder MB for postgres server
Date: 2004-12-15 02:03:21
Lists: pgsql-admin
Thanks to all for your feedback on this.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the system.

It seems that the battery backed cache is an important factor, though I
havn't found any information specifically concerning this on the tyan site.
I can't tell if it's an option or standard with the integrated SCSI
controller.

I don't have much experience with building this kind of server (i'm more on
the development side) but I know basically what I want and that is RAID 0+1
and battery backed cache. The target OS is RHEL ES 3 (AMD64 platform) and I
guess that it doesn't matter if the RAID is hardware or software (or a
combination of both?) but if you think I've missed anything, please let me
know.

Regards
Iain