pgAdmin III enhancement

From: Stephane DROUARD <stephane(dot)drouard(at)st(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin III enhancement
Date: 2003-11-27 11:01:20
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

Here is the description of the problem:

When you open the query tool, it displays the current object script (in fact the bottom right window content). Closing the tool does not refresh the main interface, I understand this is too difficult to analyse the requests and refresh the concerned objects.

However, this causes a problem with the current object. Imagine you open the query tool, you modify the current object then close the tool. The object script (bottom right window) is not refreshed: OK. Now, if you re-open the query tool, it will take the content of the bottom right window, so the old script. If you don't pay attention to that (imagine a big function, this was my case), you modify the script but from the previous version.
Enhancement: when you open the query tool, it would be helpful to refresh the current object script.

Platform: Windows 2000
Language: French

Thanks,
Stephane DROUARD