bulk imports with sequence

From: "Aaron Held" <aaron(at)metrony(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: bulk imports with sequence
Date: 2002-08-20 11:55:24
Lists: pgsql-sql

I am importing a large number of records monthly using the \copy (from text file)command.

I would like to use a sequence as a unique row ID for display in my app.

Is there any way to let postgresql generate the sequence itself. Currently the only way I
can make it work is to grab the next seq value and insert my own numbers into the file

Thank You,
-Aaron Held