RE: JDBC Performance

From: "Keith L(dot) Musser" <kmusser(at)idisys(dot)com>
To: "PGSQL-General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: JDBC Performance
Date: 2000-09-28 20:28:27
Lists: pgsql-general

The performance of my client Java app using JDBC to access PGSL is very
finicky. Sometimes it's fast, and sometimes it's slow, depending on how
much memory I'm allocating in my program.

This appears to be an issue with the JVM I'm using on Linux.
Performance is very consistent using HotSpot JDK1.3 on Windows NT.

What is the best JVM to use on Linux? Does anybody have experience
using the new HotSpot for Linux?

Keith L. Musser
Integrated Dynamics, Inc.
812-371-7777