8.1.1.0, VB6, RDO, rdoResultset.RowCount

From: Hélder M(dot) Vieira <hmv(at)mail(dot)telepac(dot)pt>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 8.1.1.0, VB6, RDO, rdoResultset.RowCount
Date: 2005-11-10 01:06:46
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hi.

I noticed a difference in behaviour in 8.1.1.0, related with the RowCount
property in RDO resultsets in VB6.
In version 7xxx, for some specific purposes, I used to open a resultset and
immediatly check RowCount.
For non-empty resultsets, at this point in time RowCount would be innacurate
but NOT EQUAL to 0, and based on this first evaluation I would proceed to
the next step, either assuming an empty set or forcing a move to the last
row to obtain a precise RowCount.
In version 8.1.1.0, RowCount always seems to be EQUAL to 0, unless I force a
move to the last row.
At this point, my problem is that I don't know which is the right
behaviour... Should I assume that in this and later versions of the driver
RowCount will always be EQUAL to 0 before visiting the last row ?

Thanks in advance.

Helder M. Vieira

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: AndreasDate: 2005-11-10 01:09:34