max connection

From: "Hina Chauhan" <hina(dot)chauhan(at)codecindia(dot)com>
To: "postgres - jdbc" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: max connection
Date: 2005-08-30 06:22:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am facing a problem, if u can help me.

I am uging postgres 7.4 database. In java application I am using connection pooling (jakarta-web server, using datasource), wherein I have to decide how many max connection I should use.

Do we have any concept wherein we can say number of connection propotional to number of user OR how many users per connection can work.

My project would be used by 100 users at a time, which may increase to 400 users latter.

I am having file context.xml with following settings, Can I add some thing more to it.

<Context reloadable="true">

<!-- Default set of monitored resources -->
<WatchedResource>META-INF/context.xml</WatchedResource>

<!-- Uncomment this to disable session persistence across Tomcat restarts -->
<!--
<Manager pathname="" />
-->
<Resource name="jdbc/mypostgre" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource" driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/collectioninfo"
username="bacsindia" password="bacsindia" maxActive="5" maxIdle="2"
maxWait="10"/>

</Context>

Regards,

Hina Chauhan