Mandrake 8.0 Portig Problems

From: "Tony Greenwood" <eagreen(at)monisys(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Mandrake 8.0 Portig Problems
Date: 2001-07-01 22:13:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I recently purchased Mandrake Linux Version 8.0. Am having trouble connecting to postmaster. Changed the password for 'postgres' and tried to sign on as 'postgres'. Get rejected before sign-on  with the following message:

    "There was some errorsetting up inter-process communications for KDE. The message returned by the system was:

    Could not read network connection list

             /var/lib/.DCOPserver_localhost.localdomain_:0"

I have examined /var/lib/ and find no such file, hidden or otherwise there. However, I do find a copy in /root, and also in my non-root sign-on directory. Has the file been moved in version 8.0? No such troubles in version 7.2! Can you help?
Thanks.

    Tony Greenwood.

pgsql-bugs by date