Re: How passwords can be crypted in postgres?

From: "Steve Wolfe" <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How passwords can be crypted in postgres?
Date: 2000-12-29 23:26:52
Lists: pgsql-general

From: <ouldm(at)linux-at-business(dot)com>

> I order to escape from .htaccess, I want to save user passwords in my
> database.
> However, passwords appear clear in the database.
> How passwords can be crypted in the database?
>
> I use PHP 3.0.16, Cobalt Raq3i.

Hmmm.... linux users that haven't heard of freshmeat.net? : )

Typing in "php md5" at freshmeat gives:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/hcemd5/?highlight=php+md5

Which will allow you to encrypt/decrypt as you desire, but I'm sure there
are a hundred other ways to do the encryption, depending on just how much
strength you need.

steve