Re: Installation problem...

From: Andreas Bexell <andreas(dot)bexell(at)kipling(dot)se>
To: kenneth(dot)leung(at)nadii(dot)Novartis(dot)com, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Installation problem...
Date: 2000-09-06 06:46:26
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hello,

Well you said any input:

You have probably checked, but are you running the right compiler for your
architecture? Even if you do, it might be a workaround to try another one.

//andreas

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000, kenneth(dot)leung(at)nadii(dot)Novartis(dot)com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install PostgreSQL version 7.0.2 on an SGI Origin 2000
> server running IRIX 6.5. Because PostgreSQL requires GNU make, I have
> recently installed GNU make version 3.79.1 on the system.
>
> After unzipping and untaring the PostgreSQL installation file, I ran the
> configure script in the src directory, which returned the error
> "installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot create
> executables."This is the first problem I would like to address. Is there a
> reason for this error? The g++ compiler is installed in /usr/local/bin/g++,
> and even running configure with "--with-CXX="/usr/local/bin/g++" gives this
> error.
>
> Thank you for any input...
>
> Kenneth Leung
> kenneth(dot)leung(at)nadii(dot)novartis(dot)com
> (858) 812-1223
	Andreas Bexell
	Kipling Mobile Business AB

	Phone +46 70 937 95 88
Thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own, and not
necessary my employers.