Re: postgres win32 in FAT32

From: "Mooshii" <mooshii(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres win32 in FAT32
Date: 2004-10-07 16:08:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Hello everyone:

My $0.02: Don't bother supporting FAT at all.
I believe anywone who wants to install PostgreSQL on NT5+ would either have
an NTFS partition, or be able to create/convert one easily.

From
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/convertfat.ms
px:
(first page on google for "convert fat ntfs")
> Converting to NTFS Using Convert.exe
>
> A partition can also be converted after Setup by using Convert.exe.
> For more information about Convert.exe, after completing Setup, click
> Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER. In the command
> window, type help convert, and then press ENTER.

Christian Holteng.