Problem to connect to the Windows Port

From: "Cornelia Boenigk" <c(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem to connect to the Windows Port
Date: 2004-08-20 12:53:47
Lists: pgsql-general
Hello everybody

I have installed the Windows-Port on a the machine 'mini' in the local
In postgresql.conf on mini listen_adresses is set to '*'
When trying to connect to this installation from the machine 'mach1' I
get the following error:

conni(at)mach1 ~
$ psql -h mini -U postgres -d minitest
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "mini" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I shut down the database server on mini and restarted it with the
option -i.

Then the error looks like this:

conni(at)mach1 ~
$ psql -h mini -U postgres -d minitest
psql: FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for host "", user
"postgres", data
base "minitest"

All these errormessages appear on both machines.

The IP for mach1 is
The pg_hba.conf on mini contains the entries:

host    all               all         password
host    template1    postgres
host    minitest       postgres

Do I miss something?

Any help is appreciated.