ecpg weird behavior

From: "Nicolas Bazin" <nbazin(at)ingenico(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ecpg weird behavior
Date: 2002-03-06 23:14:41
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I'm porting an application from INFORMIX to Postgresql and have found weird behaviour of ecpg:
- when using cursors, the fetch statement needs "into ..." which does not comply with the SQL syntax,
- a type definition needs to be written twice: the C  version and the SQL version. It is easy to modify the preproc to only have the SQL definition (I have done it and can submit a patch if anyone is interested),

Also I have found a bug in the way the preproc  handles preproc conditions "EXEC SQL IFDEF ...". I have submitted the patch to fix it to hackers but it looks like it's been ignored.

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: impalaDate: 2002-03-07 09:27:29