Re: Simple question

From: "Robert B(dot) Easter" <reaster(at)comptechnews(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Simple question
Date: 2000-08-26 18:29:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

psql is saying that it cannot find the "less" paging program that it wants to
use to display multiple pages of output. The less program is like the "more"
program but has additional capabilities like being able to page forward and
backward.

You can try to find the "less" or "more" command:

which less
which more

If you have one of them, you can set the $PAGER environment variable to it in
your /etc/profile:

PAGER=more
export PAGER

If you want to install the "less" program, you can find it at:
http://home.flash.net/~marknu/less/

Most systems have less installed and I think its the default that psql tries to
use even when $PAGER is not set.

--
-------- Robert B. Easter reaster(at)comptechnews(dot)com ---------
- CompTechNews Message Board http://www.comptechnews.com/ -