postgress on windows XP

From: "muhammad" <malibaba(at)cse(dot)unsw(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgress on windows XP
Date: 2005-01-17 09:45:11
Lists: pgsql-ports
I am having problems in running postgres on Windows XP professional. I
can installed the server by following the instructions and it runs as
well as a service under a non-administrative server. But when I reboot
the machine the service wouldn't start and if I try to start manually,
it fails to start and error message is login fail and sometimes says
server started and shutdown because it is not required to run all the
time.

Could you please provide some help or refer me to some more
documentation on running postgres under Windows except the FAQs?

Cheers.

Muhammad

------------------------------

Muhammad Ali Babar

Empirical Software Engineering

National ICT Australia

Locked Bag 9013

ALEXANDRIA NSW 1435

Tel: +61 2 8374 5515

Fax: +61 2 8374 5520

Email: malibaba(at)nicta(dot)com(dot)au

Web: www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~malibaba

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: James - MRB listmailDate: 2005-01-17 11:56:14