postgress on windows XP

From: "muhammad" <malibaba(at)cse(dot)unsw(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgress on windows XP
Date: 2005-01-17 09:45:11
Lists: pgsql-ports

I am having problems in running postgres on Windows XP professional. I
can installed the server by following the instructions and it runs as
well as a service under a non-administrative server. But when I reboot
the machine the service wouldn't start and if I try to start manually,
it fails to start and error message is login fail and sometimes says
server started and shutdown because it is not required to run all the
time.

Could you please provide some help or refer me to some more
documentation on running postgres under Windows except the FAQs?

Cheers.

Muhammad

Muhammad Ali Babar

Empirical Software Engineering