8.0 beta not working with Borland SQL explorer

From: "Imola" <lajos(dot)imola(at)axelero(dot)hu>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: 8.0 beta not working with Borland SQL explorer
Date: 2004-12-08 15:43:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello.

I was real happy to see my favorit database engine coming out on a Microsoft plattform.
I wanted to use it at once but a bug came up. I use Borland BDE and the ODBC driver supplied with the beta 5 install. I have trouble selecting varchar fields. Is it a bug or did I miss something when installing the odbc driver. It was working well with 7.x but it messed something up so much that I can't fix it even by uninstalling the ODBC driver.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas Sarai
Borland C++ developer (mostly)