Java Studio Creator and postgresql jdbc

From: "Matt Verran" <matt(at)verranm(dot)fsnet(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Java Studio Creator and postgresql jdbc
Date: 2004-06-29 20:15:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Postgresql JDBC team,

I've used your Postgresql DB on BeOS for years and although leaving BeOS behind, I've taken Postgresql with me onto Solaris and Windows where I'm having some trouble using your 7.3 and 7.4 jdbc drivers with the Solaris build of 7.3.6 from Java Studio Creator.

Now, the driver works fine from another package, and I've written Java apps that connect ok - but I wanted to raise awareness to see if its a fault with the driver (hopefully not) that can have a workaround. I will be raising the fault with Sun also, but it may be worth taking a look just in case its something with the driver.

The way to recreate the problem is simple:-

Load Java Studio Creator.
Create a project.
Drag a dropdown control onto the page.
Setup a Postgresql JDBC connection from the 'Server Navigator'.
Drag and drop a Postgresql JDBC table onto the dropdown control.
Select 'Fill the list'.
The text in the dropdown should change from 'item1' to 'abc' to denote a connection.
Try the above with another source (I used the supplied Pointbase connector) and it works fine.

I look forward to hearing from you soon - keep up the excellent work!
Cheers
Matt Verran