Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for host

From: "- Barry -" <mail(at)polisource(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: no pg_hba.conf entry for host
Date: 2004-06-21 10:04:48
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

The latest is I experienced numerous problems trying to do things from the
psql prompt, which means my idea of simulating that with a script wouldn't
work. I mistakenly entered "createdb mydb" at that prompt and got no
response. I forgot the order of things I did after that, but I saw that same
error about pg_hba.config not being set up correctly when it was, I tried
entering "createdb mydb" at the cygwin command prompt and got no response,
and I get no response with "psql -U postgres template1" now too.

I'm now afraid that I'd end up destroying my data somehow once I get to the
hard part, and I'm not even going to try any more. PostgreSQL will be
uninstalled in the morning.

I'm sure glad I was able to teach myself Perl and complete a complex 3500
line script or I'd think there was something wrong with me.