initdb problem

From: Greg Riddick <gr3k(at)virginia(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb problem
Date: 2001-12-23 21:45:53
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
I installed the latest versino of cygwin which includes postgresql. I'm having a problem with initdb hanging.
Here's a copy of what I'm doing:

$ initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
This database system will be initialized with username "Greg
This user will own all the data files and must also own the

Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data
Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/base
Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/global
Creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog
Creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1

It hangs on this last statement and never seems to be able to createte the template1 database.

Any suggestion?
Thanks,
Greg Riddick

pgsql-cygwin by date