RE: CURSOR after hitting end

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL-development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: CURSOR after hitting end
Date: 2000-04-04 23:59:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This is true and false.
For index scan I fixed it before 6.5 and for sequential scan
I fixed it before 7.0.

However there remains some type of scan that returns no rows
after hitting end.
Especially for GROUP BY,*fetch backward* doesn't work well
fundamentally.  I have known this but I've never seen bug
reports for this.  It's not so easy to fix this and it wouldn't be
an effective way to scan base relation again for *GROUP BY*.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp