Looking for way to connect applet to remote database

From: "Glenn Wiens" <gwiens(at)networksplus(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Looking for way to connect applet to remote database
Date: 2000-02-13 02:20:46
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi --

Since my web server isn't running on the same host as my database, and I want to use an applet to deliver content from my database, I think I need some sort of proxy/jdbc combo running on my web server which will enable the applet to successfully connect to my remote postgresql database. I can envision how this would work, but I don't think I could put it together.

I have looked throught the pgsql-interface archives but I haven't found anything like this. Does anyone know where I might find this sort of thing?

Thanks,

-- Glenn