Table name of a select query.

From: "Geeta Mahesh" <ugtech(at)bom3(dot)vsnl(dot)net(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Table name of a select query.
Date: 1999-09-21 12:24:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I am currently implementing an application using the libpq interface of pgsql.
I have the foll. questions. Please help.
1. Is there any way by which I can retreive the table name from my select query.
2. Is there any way by which I can query the database schema to get the column names from the table without performing a
select/fetch. What is the most efficient method to get the column info.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Geeta.