RE: [HACKERS] redolog - for discussion

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Vadim Mikheev" <vadim(at)krs(dot)ru>, "Jan Wieck" <jwieck(at)debis(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] redolog - for discussion
Date: 1998-12-18 00:56:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If   image level logging is used,probably it's OK.
But if query(command) level logging is used ???

If   the isolation level of all transactions is SERIARIZABLE,it's probably
OK because they are serializable  order by the time when they are
committed.
But if there are transactions whose isolation level is READ COMMITTED,
they are not serializable.
So commands must be issued according to the original order when they
were issued ?

If   the same mechanism of locking is used at recovery time,the order
of locks caused by commands(rerun) will be same ?????
I'm not confident.

Thanks.

Hiroshi inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp