Re: What does this error message mean??

From: Christopher Sawtell <csawtell(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: chrismoore(at)i(dot)am, Chris Moore <chrismoore1999(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What does this error message mean??
Date: 2000-07-11 04:40:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Fri, 07 Jul 2000, Chris Moore wrote:
> I am currently attempting to install postgresql under
> redhat linux
[ ... ]
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
> What does the error in the last line mean?
That there isn't a C compiler installed on your computer,
it's probably simplest to (re)install RedHat as a "Development Machine".

--
Sincerely etc.,

NAME Christopher Sawtell - iOpen Technologies Ltd.
CELL PHONE 021 257 4451
ICQ UIN 45863470
EMAIL chris @ iopen . co . nz, csawtell @ xtra . co . nz
WWW http://www.iopen.co.nz
CNOTES ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/languages/C/tutorials/sawtell_C.tar.gz

-->> Please refrain from using HTML or WORD attachments in e-mails to me <<--