Re: table and column's comments

From: "Katalina Marcos" <kmarcos(at)mazda(dot)com(dot)co>
To: "'Oliver Jowett'" <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: table and column's comments
Date: 2004-10-06 22:17:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Ok...

Thanks for your replay
Kata

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Oliver Jowett [mailto:oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com]
Enviado el: miércoles, 06 de octubre de 2004 17:11
Para: kmarcos(at)mazda(dot)com(dot)co
CC: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Asunto: Re: [JDBC] table and column's comments

Katalina Marcos wrote:

> I want to ask you if I can retrieve table’s comment and column’s
> comments whit ResultSetMetaData in pgjdbc.

You can't get at the comments via the standard interface; it has no
provision for them. The label fields are apparently intended for output
formatting, not for comment display. See the discussion at:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-07/msg00314.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-08/msg00008.php

If you need to get at the comments, you'll need to do a
postgresql-specific query.

-O