System info for Postgre

From: "Summer S(dot) Wilson" <collectonian(at)eclectic-world(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: System info for Postgre
Date: 2002-01-25 16:24:32
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi all,

I am trying to create a system to let my users do some Ad Hoc querying of
their database and I found a nifty program to do it.  Unfortunately it was
written with a MS SQL database in mind (I guess) so I have no clue how to
translate the SQL statements that pull tables and columns to one that
PostgreSQL will understand.  I've posted it below...can anyone point me in
the right direction for what translates to what?  This is the original SQL
statement, which doesn't work in PostgreSQL.

select   sysobjects.id as tableid,
    syscolumns.id as columnid,
    sysobjects.name as tablename,
    syscolumns.name as colname,
    syscolumns.isnullable,
    syscolumns.autoval,
    syscolumns.colorder,
    syscolumns.length,
    systypes.name as typename
from   sysobjects,syscolumns,systypes
where    sysobjects.id = syscolumns.id and systypes.name <> 'sysname'
   and syscolumns.xtype=systypes.xtype
   and sysobjects.xtype='U'
   and sysobjects.name <> 'dtproperties'
order by tablename,colorder

Thanks,

Summer S. Wilson         ICQ 26835530
Programmer/Analyst I, EIT TCE
Webmaster, An Eclectic World  (http://eclectic-world.com)
Editor, EZLearnPhotography (http://www.ezlearnphotography.com)

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2002-01-25 16:32:27