Please advise features in 7.1

From: "John Huttley" <John(at)mwk(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Please advise features in 7.1
Date: 2000-11-23 05:00:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello,
I've looked at the resources available through the web page to CVS and other
stuff,
however I cant find a statement of whats likely to be in 7.1 and what is planned
for later.

Reason: I want to know if any of these features are scheduled.

1. Calculated fields in table definitions . eg.

   Create table test (
            A Integer,
            B integer,
           the_sum   As  (A+B),
);

This is like MSSQL

2. Any parameterised triggers

3. Any parameterised stored procedures that return a result set.

These are _extraordinarily_ useful for application development.

If anyone has a way of bolting on any of these to 7.0, I'd be keen to hear from
you.

Regards

John

Next:From: Kevin BrownDate: 2000-11-23 05:29:24