Problem in installation

From: "Ashok" <tcsipl(at)del6(dot)vsnl(dot)net(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem in installation
Date: 1999-03-08 16:25:24
Lists: pgsql-ports
    I am reporting an installtion problem I faced (most probably trivial). I am testing PostgreSQL for
implementation in a project.

Details:
    1 Environment:
        RedHat Linux 5.2 (Apollo)
        Kernel 2.0.36 on i686
        Postgresql 6.4.2
        Fisrt time installation
    2. Method
        Exactly as described in the installation (Admin doc)
    3. Problem
        At the step of running 'initdb', it exits with the message 'Syntax Error 2306: parse error'.
        This occurs exactly after line No 2307 of 'template1_**.source', imeediately after
        the line opening and closing 'pg_dedcription' and does not execute any of the default
        statements regarding directories and xg* files
    4. Please advise. I don't wnat to tamper with any code now.
            Thanks

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: Theo KramerDate: 1999-03-08 20:16:27