Large objects in one table patch

From: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Large objects in one table patch
Date: 2000-06-27 05:04:41
Lists: pgsql-patches
Hello all,

As promised.
Here is the patch for large objects in one table.
There's new system  table pg_largeobject.
create table pg_largeobject (
  loid Oid,
  pageno int4,
  data bytea
);

It has 2 indices: on (loid) and on (loid,pageno). (Is it neccessary to have
both? Can I search on the second one for loid only?)

BLOB is divided by virtual pages, which is maximum tuple size - some internal data.
Access to the data is based on pageno, which is similar block number on FS.

I am not sure that it is optimized and have no memory/resource leaks. Could
please someone better familiar with postgres review the patch.

It perfectly works with my database.

Patch is against the latest CVS.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp(at)perchine(dot)com
HomePage: http://www.perchine.com/dyp/
FidoNet: 2:5000/120.5

pgsql-patches by date

Next:From: Karel ZakDate: 2000-06-28 13:07:03