Re: extending functionality strategy

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: extending functionality strategy
Date: 2008-10-16 07:22:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> Can you describe this in more detail? We can already manage

It was late last night. I will try to explain it better.

> and create types in pgAdmin (albeit our support for complex
> types requiring an initial 'shell' type is somewhat lacking).

I was playing with GQD and got this idea to have a similar functionality
except instead of generating a SELECT statement, to generate a CREATE TYPE

Looking at the current type creator:

1) Perhaps it could be extended with an additional tab where one is able to
click and select table columns.
2) Like the GQD add column ordering to the Definition tab for rearranging.
3) I haven't given this much thought but yet another idea is to create a
type based on a SELECT statement. (have something similar in C#)

Regards,
Gevik