Page header error in 8.x ?

From: "PGSQL Tester" <tester080606(at)rambler(dot)ru>
To: "PGSQL_bugs forum" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Page header error in 8.x ?
Date: 2008-06-07 11:41:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

We have PostgreSQL v. 7.4.5 and main application working with PGSQL via libpq.

Page header error periodically occurs when main application is working hard.
We repair it automatically using restore from night dump, no problems.

There are some servers (among more than 20)
that are loaded much less, so this error doesn't occur at all.

Can we assume that this error is connected with high load of hardware only?
I suppose that the upgrade up to version 8.x will not exclude this error.

Thank You
Valeriy