Re: INITDB error

From: "Mike Leahy" <mgleahy(at)fes(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>
To: "'Mike Leahy'" <mgleahy(at)fes(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>,<pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <jpraz(at)dplanet(dot)ch>
Subject: Re: INITDB error
Date: 2003-12-15 18:00:23
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
All,

I think I figured out at least what I was doing wrong.  I wiped my Cygwin
folder and started from scratch (again), then reinstalled with the
setup.exe.  The only thing I did different this time was select the "UNIX"
text style option in the installer, and the initdb script works.  I've
always been using DOS style before, and it never caused a problem.

In my case, it wasn't a big deal to reinstall everything, but perhaps I
could have just changed one of the environment variables - I'm guessing
MAKE_MODE might be it, but I really have no clue and I don't see anything in
the installed docs about switching from dos to unix.

Mike