Createlang problem.

From: "Theodore A(dot) Jencks" <tjencks(at)digitalfacet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Createlang problem.
Date: 2002-08-23 05:03:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a problem installing the plpgsql language in my database. I've
looked over previous post but was unable to find a solution. I do the
following

Createlang -U pgsql plpgsql template1

Createlang then prompts me for a password, I assume for the pgsql user.
I then enter the password only to be prompted again and again
continuously.

I have my pg_hba.conf file configured as follows

Local all md5
Host sameuser md5

I had to change this to:

Local all trust

Then createlang worked just fine, however I still would like to know
what the problem is and if I might have something miss configured.

I'm running postgresql version 7.2.1 on FreeBSD 4.6.2 installed from the
latest FreeBSD port.

Thanks in advance for any insights those of you on this list might have.

Regards,
Theo

Theodore A. Jencks -DigitaLFacet, Inc.-
TEL 925-362-0015 P.O. Box 242