Re: Build issues: "-static" builds resulting initdb problems

From: "Metin Ozisik" <metin(at)evincetek(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Build issues: "-static" builds resulting initdb problems
Date: 2005-04-30 19:25:39
Lists: pgsql-sql
Correct. A static binary is perfectly capable of dynamic-loading shared
objects; therefore "-static" should not shadow "-E". I will forward this to
linker folks. In the meantime, if you guys can provide self-sufficient
conversion shared-objects by any chance in some future release perhaps, that
will be much appreciated.

Regards,
-metin