initdb: failed

From: Helmut Hänsel <Helmut(dot)Haensel(at)uni-bayreuth(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: initdb: failed
Date: 2004-10-18 10:30:52
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
Hello,

I have freshly downloaded 8.0beta3cvs on my cygwin running on Windows 2000

"configure" - "make install"  without any probs

"initdb -D /var/pgsql/data" results in the following error message:

creating template1 database in /var/pgsql/data/base/1 ... FATAL:  could not
create shared memory segment: Function not implemented

I have read around in the newsgroups and found several possible origins for
this failure, what I have done is:

- cygipc is installed and detected by configure:

  > cat config.log | grep shmget
  configure:5699: checking for shmget in -lcygipc
  ac_cv_lib_cygipc_shmget=yes

- cygserver is configured and started

- the environment variable CYGWIN is set to contain the word server

  > env|grep CYGWIN
  CYGWIN=binmode ntsec tty server

- ipc-daemon or ipc-daemon2 are not running

what else could I do?

Help is very much appreciated :-)
Helmut

pgsql-cygwin by date

Next:From: RKDate: 2004-10-18 14:08:10
Subject: synchroniztaion, mirroring system that wokrs on cygwin?
Previous:From: fleiraDate: 2004-10-16 19:05:48
Subject: how to install postgresql on windows 98 SE ?