Re: kylix3 connection problem

From: <alvis(at)piladzi-2(dot)biz>
To: "daniel" <mrdaniel(at)singnet(dot)com(dot)sg>
Cc: <pgsql-chat(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: kylix3 connection problem
Date: 2003-08-23 13:10:38
Lists: pgsql-chat

----- Original Message -----
From: "daniel" <mrdaniel(at)singnet(dot)com(dot)sg>
To: <alvis(at)piladzi-2(dot)biz>; <pgsql-chat(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2003 6:13 AM
Subject: Re: [pgsql-chat] kylix3 connection problem

> allo
>
> i had downloaded the zeos - dbo version 6 and in kylix 3 did the build and
> got the err dialog with :-
> cannot load bplZComponent and bplZDbc.so: can't opened shared object file
.

> what do you think is missing and what can i do.
>
> ciao
> daniel

Hello,

You should try to install zeosdbo v.5.5.0 stable:
1)IMHO old 5.5 branch is currently much better .
(for example, you have TZMonitor + I have kind of my own extension for
v5.5.).
2)You have to choose between ver. 5.5 and 6.0, but you have to try both
versions yourself to make your decision.
3)Hopefully you will learn how to install 6.0 while installing 5.5. ;-)

Instructions for 5.5. install:

-begin cut of Linux Install
LINUX INSTALL
1. Unpack the archive with components
2. Unpack XXX/kylix/desprop50562.tar.gz into kylix/lib directory
(Files dbdesign.dcp and std.dcp should be there).
For support PostgreSQL or MySql servers must be intalled
mysql-shared-xxx.rpm or postgresql-libs-xxx.rpm packages
or this servers must be compilled and installed with client shared
libraries.
3. Edit Zeos.inc file. You may set there you language,
maximum quantity of supported memo fields, etc.
4. Add to Kylix Library Path pathes to XXX, XXX\common, XXX\dbase,
where XXX - ZeosDBO directory.
5. Check pathes to shared libraries in ZLibXXSql.pas
6. Compile and install dpk files in the next sequence:
ZCommonK, ZDbwareK, { ZMySqlK | ZPgSqlK | ZIbSqlK}
-end of cut Linux install

HTH.

Best Regards,
alvis.