PostgreSQL on Windows 9x

From: "Ronald Kuczek" <ronald(at)forza(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL on Windows 9x
Date: 2000-04-06 14:14:24
Lists: pgsql-ports
Hi !
I have tried to run PostgreSQL 7.0 beta 3 on Windows 95 as server.
To compile with Cygwin- no problem(thanks Dan), initdb runs very nice.
I have started ipc-daemon. If I start single backend (postgres) all is
working fine, I can run any SQL statement, but if I start postmaster and I
try to start ex. psql or createdb postgres crashes with Windows error
message 'this program has performed an illegal operation....'.
Details does'nt said more ('illegal page in module unknown..').
I have compiled PostgreSQL with --enable-debug option. If I run psql or
createdb I did'nt have postgres.exe.core file.
So I started postmaster and postgres with -p option. I have now coredump
file.
Postgres seems to crash in pq_flush function(in coredump file I found
information - Access Violation and address of pq_flush function(i have found
it in postgres.map file)).
I'm trying now to find and solve this problem. Maybe anyone can help me ?

Greetings
Rony

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: LongmarcoDate: 2000-04-06 19:34:24