Exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver

From: "Floyd Shackelford" <FloydS(at)4peakstech(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
Date: 2000-02-18 17:34:05
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I am trying to write a jdbc application for the first time and I can't seem
to connect to the database. I think my code is write. I suspect that my
problem is in my run script. PrintJob is the name of the class I am running
which wants to access the database. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am using the jdbc6.5-1.1.jar downloaded from the postgresql jdbc web site.

here is the error I'm receiving:

Exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(
        at PrintJob.ConnectDatabase(
        at PrintJob.main(

here is my run script:

#! /bin/bash

# The environment variable JDKTOP must be set to point
# to the top of the jdk directory before running this
# script

# the host name must be followed by a slash

# since the password is stored in this script, you want to insure
# are adequate to keep prying eyes away

# set VERBOSE to blank if you want to turn the PrintJob server's verbose
mode off

cd ./class

java -Djdbc.drivers=postgresql.Driver PrintJob -dburl $DBURL -dbuser

cd ..

Floyd Shackelford
4 Peaks Technology Group, Inc.
office: +1.888.398.4405
fax: +1.916.404.7125

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Ralf LehmannDate: 2000-02-18 22:32:38
Previous:From: Floyd ShackelfordDate: 2000-02-18 17:08:55
Subject: No suitable driver