MaxLongVarcharSize=8190;

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MaxLongVarcharSize=8190;
Date: 2005-07-21 21:33:35
Lists: pgsql-odbc
When I pulled my connectionstring from the dns builder I got

MaxLongVarcharSize=8190;

We had data in our SQL database in text fields longer then 8k.

When a client tried to acces that record we got an error so I upped the
MaxLongVarcharSize=8190; to

MaxLongVarcharSize=18190;

This fixed the problem, but I have been told by a conulting group (PCM) that
using over 8 k might be causing my errors.

I did change it back to 8k and am a bit subjective on the outcome (we still
have been having issues, but not odbc related).

Does anyone know the correct settings for my connection string to use longer
then 8k text fields, or do I need to divide the data across multiple
records?

Current settings

MaxVarcharSize=254;MaxLongVarcharSize=8190;
TextAsLongVarchar=1;UnknownsAsLongVarchar=0;

Joel Fradkin

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2005-07-22 07:55:57