Re: password encyption

From: Ivan Horvath <i(dot)horvath(at)alco(dot)co(dot)hu>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, "'Peter E(dot) Chen'" <pchen3(at)jhmi(dot)edu>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: password encyption
Date: 2002-03-18 09:08:22
Lists: pgadmin-support

MessageDave,

thank you the documentation link, i modified teh pg_hba.conf file and i can connect from pgadmin tool.
but i have a problem to connect to the database from php script.
here is my script:

$conn = pg_Connect("host=192.168.1.30 port=5432 dbname=PMS2500 user=pms_ivan password=ivan");
i tried also:
$conn = pg_Connect("host=192.168.1.30 port=5432 dbname=PMS2500 user=pms_ivan password=md5('ivan')");
echo $conn;

it is not working, what encryption method i have to use?

Ivan