What's ETA for read/write Views?

From: Timothy Covell <dirac(at)applink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What's ETA for read/write Views?
Date: 2000-07-31 23:59:51
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm working on a project and using postgres 7.0.2
with phpPgAdmin and php3.0.16. Anyhow, the more
I learn about relations database systems, the more
orthogonal my data becomes. However, I then need
to have read/write views so that "ordinary" humans
can make sense of the data....
While, I'm at it. I've always disliked MySQL
because it wasn't GPL'd nor was it a real RDBMS.
Anyhow, from what I can tell, they went GPL because
that was the only way to move forward due to their
BDB kludge.....Just my 2 cents....

TIA.
tim
dirac(at)applink(dot)net