german special charakters in pgaccess

From: Klaus Herrmann <klaus(dot)herrmann(at)goelz(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: german special charakters in pgaccess
Date: 2000-03-03 18:34:40
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hello!
We've some problems with the german special charakters as , ,  etc. (i'm not
sure whether these charakters are displayed correctly on your pc or not. so if
not:  ae, "a).
the problem is: when we insert text containing special charakters in pgaccess
(on winnt) into a table on our database (postgresql-6.5.3 on FreeBSD-3.4), these
charakters get mixed up - they are saved with a wrong charset (probably dos or
win) into the table (which of course has a unix charset). the charakters are
not displayed correctly in psql or our web-interface - only pgaccess can display
them.

we already tried changing fonts and language in pgaccess but no change. btw,
pgaccess is version 0.98.4 here.

have you already experianced this? is there a possibility to change the output
charset for pgaccess?

thanks in advance,

 Klaus Herrmann,
 Goelz & Schwarz, Munich, Germany

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Constantin TeodorescuDate: 2000-03-03 19:25:40